Name change aftermath (update) 2017-08-09
Here’s a brief list of events that happened:
- I went to the third psychologist for the letter in late September 2016, was drugged on benzos for the week before that due to endless anxiety
- The appointment with the psychologist went well, promised to write the letter quickly, but took almost 2 months in the end
- Court approval of my name change arrived at December 7, 2016 (Date sent by court: 30th November)
- Court approval of my name change with a stamp “became legal” (Rechtskräftig) arrived on January 2rd, 2017
- It took until February 6th to get the registry (Standesamt) to issue my new birth certificate with correct name and gender (had to pay 14€)
- I went to other part of the registry (Einwohnermeldeamt) on the same day. They told me that I would need to be deleted and sent me home with a promise to call back within 2 days.
- They didn’t call back, so I bothered a college of the person supposed to do that on the phone, and them 5 minutes for doing so
- I got my preliminary passport on February 10th
- I registered my business on February 15th
- I got another letter about that I have to pay VAT for the first psychiatrist on August 9, 2017. Another 109,17€ to pay.
Total court cost of the name change: 2208,77€ (3 psychologist letters + court fees).
Total cost of misc fees: 41,80€ Letter from the referring psychiatrist (10€), an early copy of my birth certificate (14€), transportation to and parking fees (3,80€) at the court and the new birth certificate (14€)
Total cost for the new documents, including photo, driver’s license, passport: 148,10€